Monday, February 9, 2009

Jonah with the Pigs

Here's a picture of my son Jonah with the new pigs...

I used a simple Rubbermaid garbage canister that I had out on the deck at our old apartment. It won't be big enough for long, but the pigs seem to like it now. They snuggle up with each other in the straw at night and seem to feel very safe in there. (Whenever I come to feeds them, they make a run for it. I expect before long they will be more interested in the food I bring and won't run away.)

I used some scrap plywood and tin I found in the barn for fencing. I thought the tin might be a little short, so I've already raised those portions of the wall w/ some pieces of another Rubbermaid shed that I have yet to reassemble since the move.

You might have guessed that then grass seen next to the pigs is no more. :) They really do love to root around and dig.

No comments:

Post a Comment